April 20, 2022

CAA Monographs Online

Along with its journal Archaeologia Cambrensis, the Cambrian Archaeological Association has published occasional supplementary volumes on Welsh history and archaeology. Many of these are now available as pdfs which can be downloaded either from the Archaeological Data Service (ADS) at https://doi.org/10.5284/1091406 or from the ‘Welsh Journals’ website maintained by Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru – National Library of Wales at https://journals.library.wales.

Through ADS, the Cambrians make available the following:

Also, a limited edition print-run that was not a Cambrians publication – but ownership has been given to the Cambrians by the author’s family.

The following publications are available online on the ‘Welsh Journals’ website maintained by Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru – National Library of Wales at https://journals.library.wales

  • An Alphabetical Index to the Fifth Series, 1884-1900, with a list of papers and articles, by Francis Green (1902). <http://hdl.handle.net/10107/2992339>
  • Baronia de Kemeys from the original documents at Bronwydd, transcribed by Thomas Davies Lloyd (1862). <http://hdl.handle.net/10107/3012456>
  • Brut y Tywysogion: the Gwentian Chronicle of Caradoc of Llancarvan, with translation by Aneurin Owen (1863).<http://hdl.handle.net/10107/3012605>
  • Index to Archaeologia Cambrensis 1847–1900, compiled by Lily F. Chitty, revised and abridged by Elizabeth H. Edwards (1964). <http://hdl.handle.net/10107/2991922>
  • Index to Archaeologia Cambrensis 1901–1960, compiled by T. Rowland Powell, with lists and notes by Donald Moore (1976). <http://hdl.handle.net/10107/4743315>
  • Parochialia. Being a summary of answers to “Parochial Queries in order to a geographical dictionary, etc., of Wales” by Edward Lhwyd, edited by Rupert H. Morris, Parts 1-3 (1909-11). <http://hdl.handle.net/10107/4724076>
  • Surveys of Gower and Kilvey and the several mesne manors within that seignory, edited by Charles Baker and G. G. Francis (1870). <http://hdl.handle.net/10107/3015322>
  • Ten Days’ Tour through the Isle of Anglesea, December, 1802, by Rev. John Skinner (1908). <http://hdl.handle.net/10107/4722341>
  • Tours in Wales (1804-1813) by Richard Fenton, by John Fisher (1917). <http://hdl.handle.net/10107/4727519>
  • In 1883 the Cambrians also published The Land of Morgan, a Contribution towards the History of the Lordship of Glamorgan, by G T Clark. Clark had, however, originally published this in a series of papers under the general title ‘The Land of Morgan’ in volumes 34 to 37 of the Archaeological Journal (1877–1880). Available through Taylor and Francis online (published July 2014).



Photographs from the Reception held at Bangor University in 2012 to launch Reflections on the Past, a Festschrift to honour our Trustee and past President Frances Lynch Llewellyn. The event and publication were a complete surprise to her! Many contributors were present, including a contingent from Ireland; several contributors got to their feet and made extempore personal appreciation of Frances’s work.